Merging two images with ImBatch

stefan

Merging two images with ImBatch

Post by stefan »

Hi,
I've just started using ImBatch and enjoy some of the simple but powerful features, thanks for a great software. Now I have a task that I want to do that I can not find a solution to, hopefully because I don't know what I should look for.

The simple question:
Is there a tool to merge two or more images with the help of ImBatch?

A little bit more information:
The task I'm trying to solve is that I have images that have the same name, but live in different folders and that I would like to merge. They come from the generation of map tiles for a leafletjs map solution. When building this map we are generating piece by piece and need to stitch the borders together.
E.g. this image
and this image
are two parts of the map piece that I want to end up like:

Even more information.
These two images both sit in a folder structure of the type [mapname]/z/x/y.png where z is zoomlevel, x and y are possitions. So both the images above have the same name in their respective folderstructure.

In the end, I need to build a script that compare these two folder structures and merge the images, when there are two images that exists in the same place.

Thanks for any input or thoughts, if ImBatch can have parts or the whole solution for my challange.
Oleg

Re: Merging two images with ImBatch

Post by Oleg »

Hello, stafan

Unfortunately, there is no merge task. But you can use AutoStich Scans task. This is not exactly what you want. It uses AI (OpenCV) to find the right place for an image to stitch. But in order to find the correct position, some overlap of images is necessary.
stefan

Re: Merging two images with ImBatch

Post by stefan »

Thanks for a quick reply Oleg. Then most likely I have to keep on looking, and use ImBatch for the batch tasks I've learned to do with it. Thanks