Add Captions to Images

Rambo

Add Captions to Images

Post by Rambo »

Can you add captions to images? I can't figure out how to do it. I would like to be able to have ImBatch automatically insert EXIF or XMT tags (specifically "Title" tag) into a caption on each image in the batch.
Max

Re: Add Captions to Images

Post by Max »

If you need to add some EXIF tag value as text to the image, you can use the "Watermark text" task. Use the "plus" button in the task settings to browse the available tags for the text.

If you need to extend the image with the place for that text, you can use the "Resize Canvas" or "Resize Canvas by Aspect ratio" task before "Watermark Text" in the task list.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. After much trial and error I have managed to create a blank strip added to the bottom of the JPEG, and insert EXIF info into the space with the format and font that I want using the watermark text tool. Everything looks good in the preview pane but when I open the resulting file with any other program (MS Photos, MS Picture Manager, Paint, and others) the blank strip is visible but no text. I have tried changing multiple parameters, changing fonts, adjusting transparency, saving as different file types and still the text displays in the preview pane but not in the saved file or the file thumbnails. Do you know what could be causing this?
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

My Issue is resolved. My main problem was when I enlarged canvas, the total size of the canvas did not display in the preview pane but was actually twice the size shown. Once I was able to see the full canvas I created and saw my lost caption way down at the bottom of the enlarged space I was on my way to figure out (through trial and error) how to get the canvas down to the desired size and the text correctly aligned. Unfortunately I don't remember which button I pushed to see the whole canvas displayed in the preview pane which was the main source of my confusion.

I have found ImBatch to be an incredibly powerful program in my limited experience with it. I can imagine how it could be adaptable to many projects.